Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hitting Reset

It's been quite a while since I last posted, mostly because family and work kept me too busy to keep this going. However, I must admit to becoming fatigued over the political scene, especially by the partisan bickering between all political parties. But, too, I fell victim to, not the growing apathy being experienced among voters, but the helplessness of being a single voter whose voice is largely unheard and unheeded.

But, enough of the self-pity.... Time for a change!

You may notice that there are no links to other bloggers here. While I support the blogosphere and those who abide there - and I have my favourites, I don't want my posts, and subsequent comments, influenced by which blogger I choose to link to. The purpose of re-starting this blog is, partly, to begin anew as an outlet for my thoughts and ideas but, also, it is my hope to create a continuing dialogue for those of us wishing something better for Canada, regardless of political stripe.

Tom Robbins said: "Our Similarities bring us to a common ground; Our Differences allow us to be fascinated by each other".

Let us be as passionate about our similarities as our differences and strive to create a productive and respectful dialogue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with the term "polit-bashing." Could you please define & illustrate it, using comico-hypothetical parties ot countries, to spell out what is or isn't allowed in comments?

John Locke said...

We've all seen them - wildly exaggerated claims of wrong-doing by one political party or another, twisting the truth, distorting facts - hateful venting that does nothing but create animosity and retributive comments, escalating the discourse away from the topic. Where discussions of policy are concerned, I would prefer that we remain focused on a more positive debate, defining our terms whereever possible, so that we do not get into a war of words.